…by a body-snatcher?
I wondered whether that might be the case when I read about his Jeffrey Goldberg interview in The Atlantic—you know, the one where he admonished Ahmadinejad to be nicer to the Jews and Israel, and said, “The Cuban model doesn’t even work for us anymore.”
Here are a few other possible explanations I came up with, in case you don’t buy the one I’ve already offered:
(1) It’s part of some sort of very complex mysterious three-dimensional chess strategy we can barely fathom, where he says the opposite of what he means.
(2) He’s been put under a spell that compels him to tell the truth.
(3) He’s so old that he’s decided he needs to level with the world before he checks out.
(4) He actually died, and the interviewee is a Castro impersonator.
(5) Castro is being served by a rogue translator.
(6) We have entered into an alternate universe.